Friday, October 24, 2008

finding yourself

I am not having one of those attacks of existential angst, and I think I am much more aware now of who and where I am. But finding yourself is a little bit of fun too, especially when you search for yourself in the world wide web.

So I typed Heidi Grace Mendoza in various websites and I came up with these interesting results:

Yahoo - 225,000
The first two entries are for my LinkedIn data and the third one is this blog. They weren't talking about me anymore by the 21st entry though.

Google - 540,000
Surprisingly, the first on the list is the link to the photo of Annika Michelle which I posted on my Flickr account and as a part of the pool of The Portrait Group . The entries on the first page of the results are all related to the press releases regarding my work with the Cagayan de Oro Chamber of Commerce.

Flickr - 84 results matching Heidi and Grace and Mendoza
These showed the photos I posted in my photo stream.

My search returned zero results in the various social networks like Facebook or Friendster or Multiply or anything whatever resembling such a site as I am a proud unbeliever of those. But I was directed to my own accounts when I searched in Geni and Shelfari.

More importantly though, I think the place where I want to end up finding my name is Amazon dot com. So.. I guess I have to write-publish-sell that book!

Photo by This Girl