Monday, October 13, 2008

down side up


If you pick up a book to read it but you plug in to your iPod to listen to an audio book, can you add an audio book to the list of the books you've read?

If someone has hurt you and you've made your effort to discuss and clear the issue, how much time does it take to heal? And must you make all the reaching out when you are the one aggrieved?

The rain falls too often these days. And though that means a little bit of work to clean up the veranda, that is good for the flowers. Rain either beats on your back, or refreshes your soul.

I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground. But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go. The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down.*

* Gravity by Sara Bareilles

Photo by This Girl