Friday, September 21, 2007

here the girl goes again

From where I am, and where I stand, with everything that I was born with, and everything that has been taught me, formed by the things that I read, I hear, I watch, I imitate and I reject, I believe most in the goodness of the self.

The self is good. She came from the Supreme Goodness. And the purpose of that self is goodness itself. The self can be encouraged, molded, shaped, inspired, and delivered. And in that goodness of the self is the godliness she is destined to discover and realize that she is. The self is the body. But the self is the soul too. And the statement of the soul is the most important of all.

It is the soul that creates. It identifies the problem and recognizes what is wrong. And the good. It is the soul that looks beyond the obvious. It deals into the depths. It comes up with answers. In its wisdom, it decides and settles down. But only with the truth and with that which is good.

I believe in the power of one. But also in the accomplishment of one ardent dream that is shared. I highly regard the gift of thought. In the achievement of what one idea can do.

I am moved most of all by the person in the mirror. I have faith in that person. I start every morning of my life with her smiling back at me. And end each night with her quizzing me back with her eyebrows raised. But still with the firm belief of what she can do. And who she can be.

And in that person that smiles back from the mirror, I hold the highest standards. At work. At play. At home. With the family. With colleagues. With strangers. Only the best effort is good enough, as the self holds the highest standards. With the dream and the standards will sometimes come defeat and failures. But the self knows the lessons these bring, and the best is that of standing up again.

I love fiercely. Truly. Fully. Love that is not complete is just a waste of time. And this love needs work. It should not just be said. It is action. And it is delivery of a promise. As it grows, it must be fed. By surprises, freshness and diversity and continuing discovery.

This is a girl who thrives and revels in the many roles and responsibilities served and offered. Daughter. Wife. Mother. Sister. Friend. Partner. Mentor. Student. Mover. Student. Child. Conscious and living with the gifts of what I can do, rather than those that limit who I am.

For that last one look in the mirror, I hope to be claiming the life that was meant for me. As a child of the universe, the offspring from the ultimate might, the supreme good. Able to shine when placed in the murkiest corner of the earth. To have learned, have touched other lives, and have contributed to humanity.

This is my heart and my mind. And this is who I am.