Wednesday, September 12, 2007

i've been tagged - and i'm it!

Gracie left me a note that she tagged me. It means I have to follow the instructions she left and then tag someone else: A kind of passing the ball, or a friendlier chain movement. Determined to drop work for a good half hour, I am doing this – but with my own little variation.

Instructions: Fill out the list by picking a word for each of the letters of the alphabet which best describes or relates to you, or anything that feels right. When you are tagged you need to write your answers on your own blog, or I also say, in your email for forwarding, as well as these rules. At the end of your task, you need to choose other people [number irrelevant] to get tagged and list their names. Though you must not scare them about years of bad luck, don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged through your blog!


A – ATENEO. A former officemate commented that I represent the Jesuit influence. A pleasure to be.

B – BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE. Biting into a cold slice makes the hair at my nape go crazy.

C – CANADA. More particularly Prince Edward Island. All travel can end there. Hope springs eternal!

D – DANCE. One of those things I love, and I just might do something rash and amazing one of these days.

E – EPIDEMICS. The kinds of French manicures and banana milkshakes and big wide sunglasses.

F – FAMILY. And I couldn't believe that I even self-brainstormed for a bit before I got my F word!

G – GOD. In whatever and whichever form for each of us, it’s a relationship that brings the best in ourselves.

H – HEART. Must be the most used and therefore most worn out in us. And I’m not just talking anatomically.

I – ICARUS. Anyway, the idea is so much better than the pronoun “I”, which I happen to always prefer than to a committee.

J – JAPAN. Learned when I visited that locals call it Nihon or Nippon. So why do non-locals call it differently?

K – KIM. Mike’s nickname from grade school, I was told. Kind of done right to left.

L – LIFE. A darn good read of a story we get out of each one of us. And we’re the writer too.

M – MOONRIVER. Mama Precy taught me how to sing this song, and thus it is very special to me.

N – NOKIA N91. The capacity, the distinctive design, and because there are few of us who got it.

O – OBSESSIVE.COMPULSIVE. Not necessarily yet, but hovering in the borderline of the disorder.

P – PRIDE. AND PREJUDICE. Oh come on. I watched the Matthew MacFadyen version more than a dozen times.

Q – QATAR. My recent study in class included the place where the endless rounds of the WTO talks began.

R – REMBRANDT. The way he lets black be the enveloping theme in his paintings. I can relate.

S – SMILE. Though I stopped doing this lately, I know you’re never really fully dressed without it.

T – TIME. I don't know if I must look at it forward or backward. But I'm still busy in the now. For now.

U – UBER. Uber-worked. Uber-committed. Uber-sacrificed.

V – VICTORIA’S SECRET. Because lingerie is definitely not just plain underwear. I fancy that.

W – WEEKENDS. To take the girls swimming. To eat in bed. To watch movies. To dress down.

X – XAVIER. Hope I’ll hold the university’s diploma for masters in business administration soon.

Y – YESTERDAY. It always seems grander and better and sweeter when told and seen from today.

Z – ZZZZZZZ. I really hope I can hit more of these. I feel like a zombie. Hey that’s another Z!

Half an hour for this is just ain’t enough, I discover.

NOW TAGGING:
Jay, Ela, Mitchie, Girard, Honey, Elaine, Star, Michelle, Teng, Nelson and the other half of the world


Tagged by my li’l spot of sunshine
Photo by surrelmar, see more here