Sunday, June 10, 2007

aye, there at world's end

Jack Sparrow: He needs the Pearl. Captain Turner needs the Pearl; and you felt guilty; and you and your Brethren Court. Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

Jack Sparrow: Now, Will, you tell me somethin'. Have you come because you need my help to save a certain distressin' damsel? Or... a damsel in distress? Or... whatever...
Will Turner: No.
Jack Sparrow: Then you wouldn't be here, would you? So you can't be here!

Will Turner: What is it you want most?

Davy Jones: Ah love, a dreaded bond, yet so easily severed.

Jack Sparrow: Where does your allegiance lie?
Tai Huang: With the highest bidder.
Jack Sparrow: I have a ship.
Tai Huang: That makes you the highest bidder.
Jack Sparrow: Good man. 'Weigh anchor all hands. Prepare to make sail.

Davy Jones: Do you fear death?
Jack Sparrow: You have no idea.

Will Turner: Barbossa, a heading.
Barbossa: Aye, we're good and lost now.
Elizabeth Swann: Lost?
Barbossa: For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was.
Ragetti: We're gaining speed.
Barbossa: Aye!
Will Turner: To starboard! Stations, all hands to stations.
Barbossa: Nay, belay that. Let her run good and straight.

Tia Dalma: I will be free. And when I am, I would give you my heart. And we would be together always... If only you had a heart to give.

Barbossa: There's not been a gatherin' like this in our lifetime.
Jack Sparrow: And I owe them all money.

Elizabeth Swann: This is madness.
Jack Sparrow: This is politics.

Will Turner: Elizabeth Swann, do you take me to be your husband?
Elizabeth Swann: I do.
Will Turner: Great!
Elizabeth Swann: Will Turner, do you take me to be your wife, in sickness and in health, with health being less likely?
Will Turner: I do.
Barbossa: You may kiss! You may kiss! Just kiss!

Jack Sparrow: Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

* Quotes from IMDb