Wednesday, May 23, 2007

spookily accurate

'Heaven,' they say, 'helps those who help themselves.' Nowhere is it written that heaven helps those who whinge, wine, moan and complain. No hand comes down from the clouds to scoop up the grumpy, the grouchy, the irritated and the exasperated. Outrage will never lead to salvation. You have feelings now about what's right or wrong in a certain situation. Sweep those feelings aside. Do what you know will help to improve matters, then you, in turn, will be offered the help you need.

These words of wisdom are, would you believe, from a zodiac forecaster's page.

I woke up when the subdivision security tolled the eleven o'clock signal. With visions of the tons of office work waiting for me, I knew I could not go back to sleep. So rather than waking up Mike for midnight conversation, which I know is the last thing he would want, I got up and edited for the last time the president's report for the Friday general membership meeting.

Then checking my email for the press release I needed from Katrina and the presentation material I was waiting from Blessy, I also accidentally found this queer character analysis page.

It's been some time now since I've read a daily horoscope. Maybe because I do not have the time anymore to browse the newspapers, or maybe I've gone beyond the silly and giddy I-wonder-what's-gonna-happen-today stage. But I've just stayed with Jonathan Cainer. And he makes an inspiring read!

I know it's only the arrangement of those sun signs. But fed by the human urge to understand himself better and just be better. And I so totally buy it.

Total eclipse photo: mrated