Sunday, August 03, 2008

totally on the wheel

For all my toughy-tough talk I know I am a clingy wife. Oh I know.

But today, with Mike in Manila, I faced the gigantic challenge of driving alone my girls into that swimming party. On the wing of a prayer, and on my strict instructions that talking and most of all, petty arguing is not allowed in the car, I assigned the girls to sit in the back seat, positioned the big swimming bag on the front seat, and drove like someone with a resolute mission. And got a good parking place too. Four hours into the party and it drizzled and it started to get dark. Good thing the girls have finished their meal. So with a flourishing one-time wiper (as I don't know how to keep it moving!), I drove back home. Parking the Sorento into the garage, I screamed.

For all my clingy-clingy, I know I am a toughy too! I KNOW!