Monday, March 31, 2008

a song from my girl


It's been a laggard, dawdly Monday I spent away from the office so that I could sleep and rest off my flu and headaches. Angela has been asking me if I'd stay the day at home. And I said yes. This must have made her happy. And then after dinner, she asked me to see what she got for me.

"Mommy, I made this song and it is dedicated to you." Gela


When You’re Not With Me

You are the sunlight shining
Above the sky
And in the night
You hush me with your soothing voice
When I am alone your hug will
Sooth me…

(Chorus)
And the sun won’t shine when you’re not with me
And the moon won’t glow with any glee
And the world won’t be free… when you are not with me

(Guitar playing)

So when I am alone
Without you..
I feel alone and useless in everybody’s presence
But I know you
Will always stay with me and you
Will always stay with me

(Repeat chorus)

So please stay with me
And we’ll be in harmony..


One of these days, I know we'll catch the right rhythm and we will put music into that composition. But for tonight, I shall get to bed early and smile.. proud with the knowledge that my daughter made me a song!

Song notes photo credit: Kitty Nightlight