Thursday, March 06, 2008

more popcorn please!

Isn't it fabulous that I passed my exams? And I can be giddy about it? And have once again the pleasure of listing my favorite movies!

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (2005)
Experience the greatest love story of all time.

Elizabeth Bennet: And that put paid to it. I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry in driving away love?
Mr. Darcy: I thought that poetry was the fruit of love.
Elizabeth Bennet: Of a fine stout love, it may. But if it is only a vague inclination I'm convinced one poor sonnet will kill it stone dead.


THE DEER HUNTER (1978)
One of the most important and powerful films of all time!

Michael: I'll tell you, Nick. You're the only guy I go hunting with, you know. I like a guy with quick moves and speed. I ain't gonna hunt with no assholes.
Michael: Every time he comes up, he's got no knife, he's got no jacket, he's got no pants, he's got no boots. All he's got is that stupid gun he carries around like John Wayne.


BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S (1961)
The craziest heroine who ever crept the pages of a novel!

Paul Varjak: I love you.
Holly Golightly: So what.
Paul Varjak: So what? So plenty! I love you, you belong to me!
Holly Golightly: No. People don't belong to people.
Paul Varjak: Of course they do!
Holly Golightly: I'll never let anybody put me in a cage.


GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING (2003)
Beauty inspires obsession.

Pieter: Not even a smile for my pains?
Griet: Not today.
Pieter: Come on.
Griet: No.
Pieter: I shall put it in the book, then: "Owed by Griet: one smile."




BATMAN BEGINS (2005)
It's not who he is underneath but what he does that defines him.

Ra's Al Ghul: You cannot lead these men unless you are prepared to do what is necessary to defeat evil.
Bruce Wayne: And where would I be leading these men?
Ra's Al Ghul: Gotham. As Gotham's favored son you will be ideally placed to strike at the heart of criminality.