Wednesday, April 18, 2007

is it love or the music?

The story begins when boy meets girl. Without a script but with a clear storyline, it unfolds slowly. And as if they are in front of a blue screen, the song plays as their background.

The thrill of discovery. Passenger Seat by Stephen Speaks. You Give Me Something by James Morrison. This Never Happened Before by Paul McCartney.

The rush of wanting more. On My Way To You by Barbra Streisand. Two Sleepy People by Julie London. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones.

The giddiness of falling in love. If We’re Not in Love by Patti Austin. 8th World Wonder by Kimberly Locke. Time to Make You Mine by Lisa Stansfield.

The bliss of togetherness. I Find Your Love by Beth Nielsen Chapman. The Sweetest Days by Vanessa Williams. When I'm With You by Tony Terry.

The frustration of unavailability. Dream of Me by Kirsten Dunst. Will I Ever by Side A. Someday I’ll Be Next to You by Wilson Phillips.

The realization of the futility of it all. I Can’t Seem to Make You Mine by The Clientele. Waiting in Vain by Annie Lennox. Giving Up On You by Lara Fabian.

The hurt that was just looming. 4 Seasons of Loneliness by Boys II Men. Towerblock by Julia Fordham. After You by Michael Johnson.

The indifference as a defense mechanism. Make It Easy On Yourself by Siobhan Pettit. Where Do We Go From Here by Brian McKnight. Taken in Again by Mike & the Mechanics.

The resolve to move on. They Can’t Take That Away From Me by Beverly Staunton. I Wish You Love by Natalie Cole. Always on Your Side by Sheryl Crow and Sting.

So what is it? Is it love or just the trick of music? I think I have a glimpse of the answer. I Call It Love by Lionel Richie.