Wednesday, April 25, 2007

if my life were a movie

It's a night to rush on my work for the required project liquidation reports. But Mike has just finished filling in the songs in this game he got through the internet and he is too pleased to have created his life's movie soundtrack.

Naturally I want to try it for myself.

To play, you need to open your music library. Since I can't use the iPod as it's almost forever lodged in Mike's ears, and the selections in my N91 mobile are so like... aged... as my New Zealand visa, so I choose the Winamp selections in the home PC instead. And since I have dozens of folders to segregate songs for Christmas, or dancing, or those sent by Jason, and for practically any grouping possible, I pick the folder that's creatively and imaginatively labeled as My Music Collection. This is the hodge-podge compilation of songs that did not find their way to a specific folder.

Now after picking out your music library, you put the player on shuffle. Then when it plays, you type the title of the song that's playing on the corresponding questions. These are supposedly the scenes in the movie of your life. When you go to a new question, you press the next button for the next song.

It is amazingly fab and I get a good half hour chopped off my overtime work at home. But if my life were a movie, here is the soundtrack -

Opening Credits:

Perfect Day - Hoku

First Day At School:
When You Believe - Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston

Falling In Love:
Too Lost in You - Sugababes

Breaking Up:

Nobody Knows It But Me - Babyface

Prom:

Fools Like Me - Lisa Loeb

Mental Breakdown:

Fairy Tales for Two - Willie Bobo

Flashbacks:

Breakfast in America - Super Tramp

Getting Back Together:

Your Body is a Wonderland - John Mayer

Wedding Scene:

I Thought She Knew - N'Sync

Final Battle:

Deep - Binocular

Death Scene:

So Much in Love - All 4 One

Funeral Song:

Carmina Burana O Fortuna - Carl Orff

Finale:

Special Kind of Something - Kavana

End Credits:

All The Things You Are - The Swingle Singers

So I shall wake up and open the movie to a perfect day tomorrow. And should this random game be any indication of my life, then in hindsight, I never had my high school prom night because it's just for fools like me. But whew! the scenic cantata of Carmina Burana with its O Fortuna movement will undeniably deliver a funeral with queenly grandeur and aplomb.


Now I'm amused by that wedding scene.