Friday, July 09, 2010

a photographer's portrait


Mike is my photography mentor. And aside from being his lens-swapping and often-complaining number two camera, I am also his number one fan, inspiration, critic, model, and partner.

I may not follow everything he says, but I listen:

"Your hand will shake so always use the tripod when you shoot macro. It's not the expensive gadget that would make the difference, it's the eye. I should first know and imagine the picture I want to make, then I shoot it. We must start investing in filters. I want to be a good landscape photographer - I want to be better than George Tapan. Let us target one big photo vacation every year. It's time to upgrade our tripods. Remember we are not doing this for the money. Avoid over-saturated colors. I can make an ordinary picture great. What you just need is confidence. Babe, what do you think of this shot?"

I tell him.


Mike's exceptional works in his Flickr page
Mike's photo here : Cebu Sinulog 2010, this girl