Wednesday, August 13, 2008

who is john galt?

So "Atlas Shrugged" began that way in the 1,084 pages of my 15-year old copy which I have kept together with scotch tape so it could stand the dust and age and I could reread it every time I needed some push or reminder. I salute Ayn Rand.

Then a celebrity scan in the web gave me this clip: "Angelina Jolie is planning to shoot the drama Atlas Shrugged, based on the popular Ayn Rand novel", it added almost as an afterthought to a story I was reading.

Astounding news for me! Jolie to play Dagny Taggart, the woman I keep on looking for inside me!

Like a true disciple, I searched some more. After a few clicks, I read in Best Syndication that even Brad Pitt is rumored to play a role. Do not tell me Pitt is to play Hank Rearden, or that would be too much for me to handle!

Ayn Rand had achieved spectacular success even from her very first novel, "We the Living", which I equally love. Her unique philosophy, Objectivism, had gained a following all over the world that I was even smiling to see this concept poster prepared just for "Atlas Shrugged".

Bring it to the big screen! I shall be waiting. But for the time being, I shall be happy to flip on the delicate pages and stop where the dainty dog ears are:

"Dagny, we can never lose the things we live for. We may have to change their form at times, if we've made an error, but the purpose remains the same and the forms are ours to make."