Monday, February 04, 2008

the lines she speaketh

As we would have it, women use these lines:

1. "FINE". This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right, and you need to shut up.

2. "FIVE MINUTES". If she is getting dressed, this means half an hour or more.

3. "NOTHING". This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in Fine.

4. "GO AHEAD". This is a dare, not a permission. Don't do it!

5. "THAT'S OKAY". This means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistakes.

I just got this list from Jay. Before I give a loud sigh, I will admit they are all true. I am guilty from the first to the fifth in varying degrees. Depends on the situation though. And I do not know why we do it, but it's like this...

Oh "NEVER MIND".