Thursday, March 22, 2007

the girl in the looking-glass

It's not for me to say.
But maybe asking questions can help.

Who am I?
1. A person trapped in a female body
2. A spoiled brat of a wife
3. A proud mother of two daughters
4. A career woman lost in circles
5. A clothes crazy with not enough cabinets

Who do I want to be?
1. A poster-perfect mom of a third-born son
2. A flourishing practicing accountant
3. A cattle ranch and orchard farmer
4. A cosmopolitan traveler
5. A writer with my view of the ocean

Who do I wish to be but never could have the chance?
1. A courageous sailor in the high seas
2. A shady red-lipsticked politician
3. A famous serial killer with initials as a name
4. A director of epic multi-million movie productions
5. Divinely beautiful, dazzlingly clever, angelically good

Who am I when no one is watching?
1. A kindling waiting and ready to spark
2. A trying-hard with a bad back
3. A corny romantic optimist
4. A self-confessed schizophrenic
5. An insecure snob (this is an oxymoron at its best)