Tuesday, March 27, 2007

frustration survey

I used to be with this car dealership company. I could remember there was a day when I was slouched on an armchair inside the training room. Through the window I was given a view of the golf course, but somehow I was not able to see how green it was. Work had become bad and I was feeling rotten, so incapable.

While taking that short break in that room, I came across this snippet in the local newspaper. After reading it, I realized I am not a special victim and that I am not alone after all. How I wish I copied the name of the author that time too. But the message really made me feel better that until now it is still printed on a small stationery to remind me to get up. Especially when I'm slumped. Like today.

I just looked for that little piece. Because I guess I need it so badly. And it kind of reminds me of Bert's words sent through the SMS: that I am just tired today. And tomorrow I will be happy. And in fact, I have more happy days than sad ones.

As usual, wisdom comes when needed. But when, and only when, one is ready to listen. Here is the little piece of paper. Think about it:

"Everybody
puts time and effort into work which turns out to be useless;
runs into several snags on any undertaking;
finds his efforts undone by somebody else;
gets further delayed when he is already late.

"Everybody
can't find some indispensable tool or piece of paper
when he's all ready to start a project;
does a good job for which someone else is rewarded;
loses out on something which was almost in the bag.

"Everybody
finds an apparently simple task difficult to do;
often fails to get what he wants;
has his best-laid plans fall apart;
now and then finds everything just too much for him."