Monday, September 01, 2008

beauty of the night

By five thirty in the afternoon today, which was quite dark because of the clouds and the rain, I already knew it was going to be one of those nights.

When I cannot get a decent reply from my spouse, when the anger I'm storing is hitting its high level mark, when it's a great effort to make small talk in the dinner table with my daughters.

So I take two glassfuls of wine from one of those Bordeaux glasses, hole myself up in the guest room with my best pillow, do not take phone calls nor heed the knocks on the door.

But after my tipsy feeling is gone, when embraces were made with my daughters as I put them to their beds, and the object of my antagonism and fury is spread-eagled on the master bed, sleeping and oblivious to my rage - I turn to the darkness and the silence of the room. The best time as any to work on some photography!

I took down the flower hanging by my bathroom mirror and used it as my object. With the combination of darkness, light and color - here is my companion:


Photo by This Girl