Thursday, January 03, 2008

new years bring upheavals. but

Mirror, mirror on the wall - something wonderful will happen to me today!

Affirming this every morning, I am happy to be an advocate of positive conditioning. As a matter of fact, I have been its pupil ever since I was in college - when I would use my bus ride to school as the time to pray for the day’s events and activities, and for a special intention of a random happy surprise from Our Lady. And I always had one every day!

I will let you into a little secret. Whenever I look into a mirror, I smile. This might seem queer, but I believe that if the person in the mirror is smiling back at me, it forebodes positive impact to my day and the general feeling for myself. It's like self-affirmation.

Thus every day I pass by the mirrors in the house - in the bathroom, in the dining room, and the welcome mirror in the living room - and I smile and confirm that I am where I was supposed to be, doing things that I can do efficiently and creatively, and that in good times and in bad, I am beloved by someone.. all the way.

Smile and believe!